This page describes State of Florida licensing requirements (once you have completed the online course) with online resources for your reference:
Health & Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Insurance (Exam Required)
To qualify for a 2-15 Health & Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Agent License, an applicant must complete each of the items below and/or meet the associated requirements, as well as sit for their state exam (if required):
Per the Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services, Bureau of Licensing, an applicant for a 2-15 Health & Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Agent License must:
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a bona fide resident of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien with a work authorization. Click here for more information about citizenship requirements.
- Not be an employee of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or state service office, as referred to in Section 626.833, Florida Statutes.
- Not be a funeral director or direct disposer, or an employee or representative thereof, or have an office in or in connection with a funeral establishment.
- NOTE: Click here and review the Special Note section for exceptions to this rule.
- Be fingerprinted. Click here for more information on fingerprinting requirements for both Resident and Non-Resident applications.
- Complete application and license fees. Click here for a complete list of Payment Methods and Fees.
- Complete a 60 hour approved insurance course for life and health, including variable annuity insurance, which must be completed within 4 years of the application date. You can meet this requirement by completing our state-approved Florida 2-15 Health & Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Pre-License Course (Provider ID: 364598, Course Offering ID 1053574). An electronic copy of your completion certificate will be automatically sent to the Department of Financial Services, Bureau of Licensing, upon your successful completion of the course.
- Click here and review the information under Step 2 for alternate options for meeting this prerequisite requirement.
Requirements for Successful Processing of Your Application:
- Printer capabilities – You will need printer capabilities to print out materials required during the application process.
- Application Fees – Fees submitted to the Florida Department of Financial Services for your application are non-refundable. To review all Payment Methods and Fees click here.
- Completion of your application – Your application is NOT complete until you select a method of payment. Once you log on to the MyProfile online portal for the Florida Department of Financial Services' Bureau of Licensing and start your application, do not exit the system until you reach the page that advises that your application is complete.
To complete an application for license with the Florida Department of Financial Services, Division of Agent and Agency Services with the MyProfile portal visit https://dice.fldfs.com/public/pb_index.aspx.
For information about the license examination, click here.
Visit here for a complete list of all 2-15 Health & Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Agent License requirements and steps.
If you have been licensed by another state, click here to determine if the state where you were formally licensed reciprocates with Florida. Click here to review information on transferring your license.
A variable annuity license is issued only when combined with a life or a life and health license.
Click here to review Continuing Education (CE) Requirements for the 2-15 license.
If you have questions regarding state licensure:
Florida Department of Financial Services, Bureau of Licensing
200 East Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0319
We are your convenient Florida Online Insurance School.